Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~Packaging~

I must say that packaging each sale to be mailed is a process in itself. I take as much pride in boxing my jewelry as I do making it and that hopefully shows when they arrive at their destination.

Thank goodness for Martha...and her beautifully coordinated line at Michaels. I love her sticky back ribbon and all the little extras that you can add...like the butterflies and flowers. It does take a little creativity, but it makes packaging far more enjoyable. I recently discovered the line because I had to ship a bridal party order and wanted to package them "gift ready" for the bride.

I also use jewelry cards for my chain necklaces and earrings. There are a few items listed in my shop showing the cards. I had them created by a very talented woman who is amazing with paper. She created them to my specifications and gave me several options. She also designed the thank you cards I use in each order. If you have jewelry card needs, business card design needs or if you are looking for occasion cards (really, her cards are stunning...I have several and order custom cards as often as I can). Please visit Modern Card and say hi to Jess for me...she has become a wonderful friend thanks to Etsy!

You should feel like you are getting a present...every time you order from me and you should also find it evident that each purchase you make, you are extremely important to me and the success of my business. It's also important to know that with your purchase, you are supporting several other artists. As I mentioned above, Jess from Modern Card takes care of part of the packaging and I get my boxes from another Etsy seller Zebra Lilly Beads because the pads in the boxes are tarnish resistant! Just a little extra that helps extend the longevity of your piece.

I'll post some photos to this blog showing variations of my packaging...when I get another order...for now you'll simply have to imagine :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.